Constituent Services

As your Federal Member of Parliament, I provide a range of services to the constituents of Fairfax - both for individuals and businesses. My electorate office staff are available to assist you with any enquiries or concerns you may have on Federal Government matters, which may include immigration, Centrelink, NBN, NDIS or My Aged Care. Listed below are some examples, but if you have a question not covered here, please contact my office on 5479 2800 or email [email protected].

MP visits

If you would like me to visit or attend your event, please email my team at [email protected] explaining when, where and how you would like me involved.

Visiting me in Canberra

If your school is heading to Canberra during a sitting week, I would love the opportunity to meet with them and say hello. Please see here for how to book.

Free hire of a marquee

If you need a marquee for your next community event, we have one available for hire free of charge. Please contact my office on 5479 2800 or email [email protected].

Marquee hire - Ted O'Brien MP










Photocopying Services

A complimentary photocopying service is available via our electorate office for not-for-profit organisations. Please contact my office on 5479 2800 or email [email protected]

Australian, TSI and ABORIGINAL Flags

The Federal Government provides complimentary Australian, Torres Strait Island and Aboriginal flags to schools and non-profit organisations such as the RSL. Please request a flag by emailing [email protected].

Letters and Certificates of Congratulations

Australians celebrating a special birthday or wedding anniversary can receive personal congratulations from the Prime Minister, Governor-General or The Queen. 

If you or someone you know is celebrating such a milestone we can assist you with a letter or certificate of congratulations. We can also arrange a letter from the Prime Minister or the Queen for you or someone you care for. Please see here for more information.

You will need to provide supporting documentation like birth certificates or marriage certificates. If these are not available you can provide a statutory declaration. Statutory declaration forms are available at any post office or can be downloaded here.

Please allow adequate notice (generally 6 weeks).


If you're a veteran or a veteran's family member, you may be able to apply for a Certificate of Appreciation. Certificates are issued as a national gesture of thanks for military service. Please see HERE for more information and an application form or send an email to [email protected]

Letters of Support

We are happy to provide letters of support to not-for-profit organisations who are applying for government funding. We do require information to assist us in formulating our response, so please send an email to [email protected], detailing your reason for a letter and any extra details you can provide.

Please allow 2 weeks to process.

Electoral Enrolment

If you are 17 or have recently turned 18, moved house or changed your name, you will need to complete a new electoral enrolment form. To check your current enrolment details, visit the Australian Electoral Commission by clicking on the link below. To change your enrolment details, visit the below websites: